Multiple Positions Vacant
- Do you enjoy working in the outdoors?
- Do you want to complete a Certificate III in Arboriculture
- Do you want a career with on going career path opportunities
Redback Tree Services is Melbourne’s preferred employer of Arborists. With an experienced mentor to support and guide you through, our aim is to see you succeed and confidently grow both individually and professionally.
Redback Tree Services values and recognises diversity in the workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and actively support applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds. We offer safe and inclusive working environments where you can learn, grow and achieve your career objectives.
We are seeking fit, enthusiastic and committed individuals looking to kick-start a career in Arboriculture, with a dynamic, industry leader in Melbourne. Successful applicants will gain on-the-job training with supported study for the Nationally Accredited Certificate III in Arboriculture.
During this time, you will be working under a Contract of Training over a 3 year period, with full-time employment conditions and a minimum of 38 hours per week.
As an apprentice Arborist, you will work alongside experienced and qualified operators and assist with all aspects of tree and vegetation management. The day to day duties of this role will include,
- Set-up work site
- Site clean-up
- Chipper operation
- Operating a chainsaw
- Pruning & dead wooding trees
- EWP operation
- Rigging and roping
- Tree removal
To be considered for this position, you will:
- be capable of physical work and enjoy working outdoors in various conditions
- have good interpersonal skills
- have a strong work ethic
- hold a current Australian manual driver’s licence (MR preferred)
- be dedicated and prepared to obtain formal CERT 3 qualifications
- be willing to start early in the morning and work flexible hours
- have demonstrated the ability to be courteous towards others and present a positive image of our team.
What we offer:
- Full-time position
- Competitive wages
- Supplied uniform and PPE